What is Button School?
Button School is a tech education company, offering high quality bootcamps. Our first course in Product Design is a 12-week intensive program aimed at career changers with some prior professional experience who are looking to learn foundations and establish themselves as product and user experience designers.
What is the referral program?
The referral program is Button School’s best way of finding great new students, who are ready for a change in their careers. Through this program, we compensate you for your valuable referrals of Button School to future students.
Who is eligible for the program?
If you can recommend studying with Víctor or Nevan with confidence, you are eligible for this program. You know us, and you know what can make a program like this great. We would much rather compensate you than a big marketing or tech company.
How does the referral process work?
It all starts with conversation. If you know someone who is at a stage in their life where they are considering the commitment of a big career change and is starting to consider possible options, we hope that you’ll have us in mind to recommend.
From there it works in either of two ways:
- You can give us a heads up by referring someone to us directly through our referral form (buttonschool.com/refer), and we will take it from there.
- Or, ask your referral to use our application form (buttonschool.com/apply) to apply, and to mention you by name as the person who referred them. We will reach out to you to say thanks and let you know they have applied!
How do I recommend Button School?
Let’s say you hear from a friend or colleague who is interested in pursuing a career in UX or product design. Of course, we trust that you’ll have great judgement about what to ask and how to advise them, based on your own experiences.
Below we offer some guidance on what we find useful to talk about with someone who is in that position, who might be a great candidate for Button School:
- Mention that you (or someone you know) have studied with us.
- Briefly explain what the course is about.
- The Product Design program focuses on design process, user research, interaction design, business metrics for design, and information architecture.
- The course is project-based, with opportunities every day to apply learnings, and develop craft.
- Most importantly, students practice collaborating around and communicating design, so that they are prepared to work professionally in the field.
- Explain the possible professional path that they can build.
- Most graduates will start out in a junior-level product design or UX/UI role, at an agency or in a product company.
- Over time, career paths can specialize into fields like product management, UX research, UX writing, or UI design.
- Some graduates who already have relevant experience may move more quickly into a more specialized or mid-level role. We’ve seen this happen sometimes straight out of a bootcamp!
- Explain why Button School is a great option compared to other schools.
- In the Product Design bootcamp, students will work with companies through a client project. This is great for their first portfolio and starting to know how things really work.
- All Button School students have 6 months of one-on-one mentorship from currently working industry professionals. These are weekly sessions which start during the course, and continue for 3 months after, while applying for a first job.
- Our Product Design bootcamps are taught by two lead teachers, Nevan Scott and Víctor Ventura, both with extensive experience working in the industry, and also teaching new generations of designers.
- Share the school website with them: buttonschool.com.
- Add them to the referral program with this link: buttonschool.com/refer. You only have to provide their name and email.
What do I get from the program?
Every valid referral comes with a compensation of 500€. This amount will be paid after the person you refer successfully completes the first month of their bootcamp.
For example: You start the referral process in August 10th. The cohort starts in September 1st. We will process your referral payment by the end of September.
There is no limit to the number of students you can refer. However, we only allow for one person to act as the referrer per student.
When does this referral program end?
We will keep this referral program until at least March 31st, 2023. We may extend it further, but we reserves the right to suspend the program at any time.